We Are Open 7 Days A Week
Monday-Saturday: 9am to 7pm
Sunday: 9am to 5pm
87 Kingstown Road, Richmond, RI 02898 USA
Say Hello !
Have a question? Use the form below and one of our Instructors will respond within 24 to 48 hours.
The Preserve Academy
87 Kingstown Road
Richmond, Rhode Island 02898 USA
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the age restrictions?
- Minimum shooting age in the range is 10 years old. Children under the age of 10 will not be allowed on the range.
- Shooters 10-17 years of age must be accompanied by a Parent or Legal Guardian.
- Minors may shoot with and be accompanied by a friend or non-guardian after the Parent or Legal Guardian completes the waiver which includes the NAME & Photo ID# of those individuals authorized to escort the minor.
What are the age limits for rentals?
- You must be at least 21 years old to rent handguns and full automatics.
- You must be at least 18 years old to rent rifles or shotguns.
I have a concealed carry permit. May I carry a concealed firearm in The Range?
- Yes, we require that ALL concealed firearms be holstered inside the Club.
- We require that ALL other firearms be unloaded and cased until the shooter is in the shooting booth.
- No one may handle an uncased or unholstered firearm behind the firing line.
What safety precautions are taken at The Range at The Preserve?
- At least one Range Safety Officer is in the range at all times.
- Everyone is required to watch a safety video before entering the range for the first time.
- All shooters are expected to follow the Range Safety Rules.
- Safety is extremely important. If the RSO sees any unsafe behavior, they will warn and educate the shooter.
I have never shot a handgun before, can you help me?
I have a felony on my record. May I shoot at your club?
- No, The Range at The Preserve complies with State and Federal Laws. Every shooter must attest to the following: I am legally allowed to possess a firearm in the United States. I am not currently the subject of a criminal or civil restraining order. I have never been convicted of a felony as an adult or juvenile. I am not a fugitive from justice. I am not an unlawful user of, or addicted to any controlled substance. I have never been adjudicated in a court of law, as incompetent to manage my own affairs. I have never been discharged from the United States armed forces under dishonorable conditions. I am a citizen of or legally in the United States.
I have a medical marijuana card. May I shoot at your Gun Range
- Your safety and the safety of everyone is the primary factor in this issue. Marijuana is no different than any other substance which may impair your ability to be safe. If you appear to be impaired or under the influence of alcohol or drugs, including ANY prescription medication, you will not be allowed to enter the range.
Do you rent eye and hearing protection?
- We have complimentary eye and hearing protection. We recommend that you provide your own eye and hearing protection.
Do you allow shooters to collect their brass?
- Yes, you are welcome to collect your brass. Please let the RSO know at the beginning of your session that you would like to collect your brass, so that the RSO will not sweep it away.
Can I draw from a holster in the range?
- Yes, but you must be holster qualified. Please let the RSO know if you would like to become qualified.
Is there a dress code to attend classes?
Member and Guest Dress Code.
When entering the Members Lodge Clubhouse, inclusive of the Double Barrell Kitchen Restaurant inside and outside dining, and the Preserve Academy classroom, we kindly ask that you abide by our Resort Casual Dress Code, permitting collared shirts, dress shorts, cotton and linen slacks, dressy blouses, pullover tops, dresses and maxi dresses, dress jeans, and close toed shoes.
Nonconforming clothing includes but is not limited to; bathing suits, beach coverups, camisoles, hoodies, non-dressy Jeans, carpenter pants, T-shirts, sweat suits, cutoffs, torn shorts, yoga pants, sneakers, and flip-flops.