We Are Open 7 Days A Week
With over 25 years of law enforcement experience; you will learn from experienced instructors who will help you enhance your skill set, increase your knowledge and raise your self-confidence!
Covers firearm safety and shooting fundamentals in the classroom and then it’s off to the range. We cover grip, stance, and more…
Overview of the Rhode Island pistol permit application, carrying a concealed firearm in Rhode Island, firearms safety, and more.
Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling, pistol parts and operation, ammunition, shooting fundamentals; range rules…
NRA instructor certifications in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer, Personal Protection…
Classes provided for all skill levels.
Register early as class space is limited.
NRA Certified Instructors
Youth Handgun Safety Classes
NRA Instructor Classes
Classes include, Continental Breakfast or Sandwiches and Refreshments.
We pride ourselves in teaching firearm safety and shooting skills to both beginners and professionals. Come learn in a comfortable environment with experienced instructors who are patient, dedicated and knowledgeable in all aspects of firearms instruction.
Couples Beginner Pistol (100) Sold Out
Take charge of your family’s safety and get the basic knowledge and skills to safely handle or store firearms and ammunition in the home. Learn more about the The Preserve Academy NRA certified firearm safety training classes.
Take your skills to the next level
Learn how to protect yourself and your family both in and out of your home with Firearms Safety training and personal protection training courses.
Home Firearm Safety Classes
Rifle Training Classes
Shotgun Training Classes
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the age restrictions?
- Minimum shooting age in the range is 12 years old. Children under the age of 10 will not be allowed on the range.
- Shooters 12-17 years of age must be accompanied by a Parent or Legal Guardian.
- 18 – 20 years of age may shoot long guns ONLY in the range. No one under the age of 21 years old is authorized to shoot a handgun.
What are the age limits for rentals?
- You must be at least 21 years old to rent handguns and full automatics.
- You must be at least 18 years old to rent rifles or shotguns.
I have a concealed carry permit. May I carry a concealed firearm in The Range?
- Yes. ALL concealed firearms must remain holstered while entering the range.
- Upon entry, you must notify the Range Safety Officer that you will be shooting your concealed firearm.
- We require that ALL other firearms and extra magazines are unloaded and cased until the shooter is inside the shooting booth.
- No one may handle an uncased or unholstered firearm behind the firing line.
What safety precautions are taken at The Range at The Preserve?
- At least one Range Safety Officer is in the range, at all times.
- Everyone is required to take a range safety quiz before entering the range for the first time.
- All shooters are expected to follow the Range Safety Rules, which are posted in the range. Members can also request a copy of the rules from the gun counter or Range Safety Officer (RSO).
- Safety is extremely important. If the RSO sees any unsafe behavior, they will warn and educate the shooter. RSO’s have the authority to eject any shooter who continues to practice unsafe behaviors after initial verbal warning.
I have never shot a handgun before, can you help me?
I have a felony on my record. May I shoot at your club?
- No, The Range at The Preserve complies with State and Federal Laws. Every shooter must attest to the following: I am legally allowed to possess a firearm in the United States. I am not currently the subject of a criminal or civil restraining order. I have never been convicted of a felony as an adult or juvenile. I am not a fugitive from justice. I am not an unlawful user of, or addicted to any controlled substance. I have never been adjudicated in a court of law, as incompetent to manage my own affairs. I have never been discharged from the United States armed forces under dishonorable conditions. I am a citizen of or legally in the United States.
I have a medical marijuana card. May I shoot at your Gun Range
- Your safety and the safety of everyone is the primary factor in this issue. Marijuana is no different than any other substance which may impair your ability to be safe. If you appear to be impaired or under the influence of alcohol or drugs, including ANY prescription medication, you will not be allowed to enter the range.
Do you rent eye and hearing protection?
- We have complimentary eye and hearing protection. We recommend that you provide your own eye and hearing protection.
Do you allow shooters to collect their brass?
- Yes, you are welcome to collect your brass. Please let the RSO know at the beginning of your session that you would like to collect your brass, so that the RSO will not sweep it away.
Can I draw from a holster in the range?
- No. Shooters are not authorized to draw and shoot from the holster unless supervised by a tactical instructor during a private lesson or class in which you are instructed to do so.
- You will be ejected from the range at the RSO’s discretion if you draw from the holster without supervision.
Is there a dress code to attend classes?
Member and Guest Dress Code.
When entering the Members Lodge Clubhouse, inclusive of the Double Barrell Kitchen Restaurant inside and outside dining, and the Preserve Academy classroom, we kindly ask that you abide by our Resort Casual Dress Code, permitting collared shirts, dress shorts, cotton and linen slacks, dressy blouses, pullover tops, dresses and maxi dresses, dress jeans, and close toed shoes.
Nonconforming clothing includes but is not limited to; bathing suits, beach coverups, camisoles, hoodies, non-dressy Jeans, carpenter pants, T-shirts, sweat suits, cutoffs, torn shorts, yoga pants, sneakers, and flip-flops.