NRA CCW 2 Day Course
Introducing a brand new NRA course rarely offered in RI! This is the perfect course to take if you have previous shooting experience and wish to learn how to defend yourself in a deadly force encounter!
This is an intensive two (2) day course that covers basic firearm safety up to deploying your firearm for lawful self defense for yourself or your family! This course combines classroom and range time, learning various ways of carrying and shooting with a concealed pistol.
This class will cover all ten modules including.
- Firearm Safety
- Pistol Nomenclature/ Selecting a Pistol for Self-Defense
- Basic Defensive Shooting Skills
- Drawing for Concealment
- Loading Stoppages Remediation
- Mindset; Responding to an Attack
- Carrying Modes
- Firearm Cleaning and Maintenance
- Sport Shooting and Training Activities
This is the perfect class if you are interested in getting your Concealed Carry Permit or already have your permit. This course will give you a solid foundation in concealed carry fundamentals and shooting skills. This class is also a prerequisite to becoming an NRA CCW Instructor.
Prerequisites: Previous shooting experience
- Firearms (Minimum 9mm or .38 Special)
- (2) Magazines, Speed loader if using a Revolver
- Holster (Strong Side Hip)
- Belt (Designed for carrying a holster)
- Approximately 200 rounds of ammunition
- Eye and Ear protection (Electronic recommend)
- Cover Garment (one without a zipper, one with a zipper)
We are very glad to resume Preserve Academy classes and are keeping your health and safety as our highest priority. For each class, please bring a face mask and hand sanitizer. We will ensure classrooms, the range and all other areas related to your class are regularly cleaned and sanitized.
Thank you for your patience and for joining a Preserve Academy class. We are glad to have you back.
Member and Guest Dress Code.
When entering the Members Lodge Clubhouse, inclusive of the Double Barrel Kitchen Restaurant inside and outside dining, and the Preserve Academy classroom, we kindly ask that you abide by our Resort Casual Dress Code, permitting collared shirts, dress shorts, cotton and linen slacks, dressy blouses, pullover tops, dresses and maxi dresses, dress jeans, and close toed shoes.
Nonconforming clothing includes but is not limited to; bathing suits, beach coverups, camisoles, hoodies, non-dressy Jeans, carpenter pants, T-shirts, sweat suits, cutoffs, torn shorts, yoga pants, sneakers, and flip-flops.
- 9:30am - 5:30pm
- Day 1
- 9:30am - 5:30pm
- Day 2